The world today is filled with so many people who put on a show in order to be loved by society, but I truly believe that Jennifer Lawrence is a levelheaded, honest and relatable person who is exactly who she appears to be. After being a fan of hers for quite some time now, I have accumulated some arguments to back my opinion.
- She is not afraid to be seen as a role model
- Jennifer is proud to have been in roles that allows individuals to look up to her actions. In being Katniss Everdeen, she feels that she provided so many young girls with a role model and I personally could not agree more.
- She does not stand for body obsession
- This world focuses so much on body image and what it means to “look good” but Jennifer truly could care less what her body looks like. She is proud of who she is and will outwardly say that she will eat whatever she wants whenever she wants. Jennifer was told in the beginning of her career that if she didn’t lose weight, she would not be casted in anything. I think they were very wrong.
- She is not afraid to share her views
- When asked any form of serious question that may be a touchy topic, she will say what she deems necessary. She was asked about her opinion on the sexualization of young women in Hollywood and her response was completely honest without any shelter or hesitation, “It is a part of the entertainment industry that sells. For some disgusting reason, young sex sells even more. It’s not really something that I worry about because I feel like everybody’s kind of got their own path.”
- She is a person like the rest of us
- At the Oscars, while on her way to accept her best actress Oscar for “Silver Linings Playbook” she wiped out going up the stairs and then proceeded to joke about it with the millions of people watching around the world.